Most people, magazines, whatever, come out with the top 10, best of,
or something like that for television. This site is almost like that,
but we don't claim to have the ultimate opinions like everyone else.
We like what we like. You don't have to listen to us, just drop in
and tell us you think we're full of it. Read everything first, though,
we don't like un-educated opinions. That's our niche!
Now onto the "shew" as that man who introduced most people to culture
usually stated. This is a list. A list in progress, in a constant
state of flux, as everything changes constantly. So, if you are one
of them who need everything NOW, you're in the wrong spot. We watch,
argue, decide, and then "choose" someone to write the manifesto on any
given show at any given time. Some of us actually leave our computer
tvs once in a while, and therefore tape shows to watch LATER, which
means that even though we're nearing a new calendar year and the
television midseason, we still aren't done with the late series and
season premieres or even the November sweeps episodes! Do we care?
What do you not think?
Anyways, our point is this, we try to keep up, but we may be behind,
so be patient and our opinions will come. We are "normal" tv viewers,
and hence, don't get the episodes in advance, but thanks to re-runs
and syndication, you can take our opinions and use them appropriately.
Another thing. We don't watch EVERY show. We watch what we like.
That's not to say we don't check out the new shows, we do. We give
them two episodes to prove themselves. Unfortunately, so do the
networks, which means even if we like a show, there is no guarantee
that anyone will ever see it again. Thank goodness for USA Network!
We try to alert people to campaigns to keep shows on the air or to
change networks, so that shows that we like can keep going. Again, if
we don't like them, you won't see that show's campaign here. In fact,
we might be so snotty as to wish them a happy demise! Then again...
NO, we will! If you don't like it, well, start your own site, we might
even list it here (providing of course, we like the concept of the
site and you don't just rip us off).
We are a fickle bunch. Onto the dial (do they even make those anymore?)...
Our TV Guidebook
Days of week and timeslots (and available syndication)
Anatomy of a Scene
King of the Hill
Sex and the City
Six Feet Under
Law and Order: Criminal Intent
That 70s Show
Grounded for Life
Just Shoot Me
New Detectives Forensic Science
Law & Order
48 Hours Investigates
Will & Grace
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Good Morning Miami
Without A Trace
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Behind Closed Doors
Saturday Night Live
This is what is available for our viewing. They are definitely
more shows in first-run and re-run syndication, but our puny
stations didn't buy them this seasonal go 'round.
**These are outdated links with current blurbs below. Excuse the
mess while we cleanup and swap links. We should be done by the
beginning of the new calendar year, just in time for February sweeeps!
- Third Watch
- This covers the A&E reruns as well as the NBC first-runs
- Dharma & Greg
- Now cancelled, it lives in syndication
- Spin City
- Another ABC boo boo, it too rises in syndication
- 3rd Rock from the Sun
- This died a rough death, but syndication is a smoother
- Just Shoot Me
- In syndication, but still hanging on with new cast member
- Will & Grace
- Episode 100 Grace married Leo, now NBC wants Leo in cast-yawn
- The Simpsons
- Episode 3000 approaching and its renewing great steam
- Malcolm in the Middle
- The Wilkersons are adding a new baby-maybe good, maybe not
- The X-Files
- Even keeping Scully couldn't save it. We want more movies!
- Stargate SG-1
- It moved from Showtime to Sci-Fi and changed cast
- Investigative Reports
- This seems to be rehashing headlines ripped to Law & Order
- The Practice
- And babies make boring
- Law & Order
- We don't like ADA Barbie, but Fred Thompson was nice choice
- The Drew Carey Show
- We miss Kate, but warming to the blond
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Making the shrink permanent erases Father of the Bride memories
- Whose Line is it Anyway?
- Bring more Brits over and lose the guest stars CHYNA?!! Puhleeze
- A very special....snooze
- Giving Phoebe a real lovelife is a nice start to ending
- 48 Hours
- Now 48 Hours Investigates tear-jerkers
- Maybe use Maria Shriver more and topicals less?
- Love Chronicles
- Another good one gets bitten by the A&E restructure
- We don't get the channel, but we still like the series
- On the Inside
- This too disappeared. Maybe TDC could re-discover it?
- Science Mysteries
- This is only reruns when and if they show it. Boo
- American Justice
- We seem to see more Cold-Case Files than new ones
- The New Detectives
- CSI without the personal junk. Its still tops
- The FBI Files
- Less kidnappings, more murders
- Wild Discovery
- More buried boats, less animals-there's a channel for them now
- Cinema Secrets
- A bio on Rick Baker is desperately needed
- Ultimate Guide
- So many channels do variations of this, its not worth it
- History's Lost and Found
- The Scud Stud lives!
- History's Mysteries
- Lincoln didn't really sleep in the Lincoln Bedroom-really?
- Saturday Night Live
- Lorne asked, Rudy answered. It still ain't funny. We like Jimmy though
- City Confidential
- There are more states than just the South and California
- Sex and the City
- Baby didn't slow them a bit. Rawhr
- Beggars & Choosers
- Too close to the truth like Action
- Top 10
- Its like, which channel's version?
- First Person
- We'll repeat, more Maria
- Tale Lights
- Another bites the dust
- Time and Again
- We tried to save it, but these guys make real quality shows
so it had to die, just like Thirtysomething and My So Called Life
- So Weird
- We miss her, but she's good on Boston Public
- The West Wing
- Keep Rob Lowe and lose the preachiness
- Sports Night
- Sorkin liked West Wing better damnit
- Royal Families
- We didn't realize there were so many and then they were gone
- A merciful cancellation, but DVDs allow us to go to the joke
- The Pretender
- TNT made two movies and made more questions than help
- A rerun favorite, it was better with Sam than Jamie
- The Others
- They killed the whole lineup and then wonder why no one watches
- It started sweet and got worse, even second thoughts won't help
- Charlie Rose
- Duuude, he had Howard Stern, Kevin Costner and Condi Rice
- Hollywood Fashion Machine
- There are more designers besides Edith Head and Bob Mackie
- The Lot
- This was great, so of course it was cancelled
- No longer made, but still Must-Sees for us.
- I Love Lucy
- Just don't put Debra Messing in the movie
- The Andy Griffin Show
- Tell us it didn't teach you to whistle
- The Dick VanDyke Show
- Pratfalls and TV Writing before Chevy Chase
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show
- We made it after all
- Hogan's Heroes
- I now noting I see noting, besides the blond secretaries
- Louie vs Latka WWE take note
- Happy Days
- Ted McGinley strikes again
- Gilligan's Island
- Maryann vs Ginger, Veronica vs Betty vs Wilma Pass the popcorn
- The Brady Bunch
- Like Oliver was a cool name before
- Midnight Caller
- Interesting people don't listen and call drivetime radio
- Formulatic, brainless and watchable only with Kramer
- Magnum, PI
- The Rick. We are all the Rick
- Murder, She Wrote
- Miss Marple in New England, then she traveled...yet still
managed to find a stiff every week and have someone she knew (or
better still-was related to) accused of the crime
- The Greatest American Hero
- C'mon sing along with the theme song. Joey could use the money
- Charlie's Angels
- Either Monroe works, as long as Sabrina is there
- Catfights, water, designer dresses, need we say more?
- Star Trek
- The original is the most innovative, but we'll take any of
the four ST-TOS, TNG, DS9 VOG and Enterprise is on the new list
- Tracy Takes On...
- schedule shuffles and guest stars and can't quite hang on
- The Dead Man's Gun
- Finally, a place for the underappreciated old sitcom stars
- also Dragnet '68 **News ABC is premiering new version!
- Are You Being Served?
- and Are You Being Served, Again?
- This is a British show (and sequel), but PBS has made it american!
- The Flintstones
- The Honeymooners in cartoon form. We eat Betty vitamins too.
Something of an explanation
We admit it. We watch a lot of television.
This site is just the American shows. We haven't decided what to do
about our tastes in British (aside from AYBS?), Australian, Canadian,
Mexican and Europop tv... yet. Be on the lookout!
We, the Leaper Guild of Television Watchers,(Doesn't that sound
pompous? We like it!) have decided that we want more out of life,
like, a life! Therefore, we have decided to ask our faithful web
readers (YOU) to join us. SO, if you want to join our mad society,
please email LGTW Yahoo Groups subscribe.
[**Emailing this address will subscribe you to the mailing list!}]
We haven't decided how we'll decide on who (if anyone applies) will
get the honor of the first non devilbunny/Fudd to post an opinion,
but rest assured, YOU will be the first to know. And for the first
applicant, we WILL publish your name and television habits just to
get a feeler. Everyone who emails an "application" will get a free
email response. Thats what we got back when we were struggling naughts
on the darpanet and that's what you'll get now on Gore's internet.
Also, if someone had an idea on how to do a calendar layout that
doesn't require java applets, we would appreciate the heads up-email
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks!
Long live TiVo. Happy viewing! The LGTW